If you know how to use a shipping container effectively, it can be quite beneficial – you’ll know that they can be used for far more than freight transportation and relocation. However, many people are unaware of the variety of applications for shipping containers and how they could help them.
Here are some of the many uses of shipping containers:
- Containers may be used for simple cargo transportation and shipping. Shipping containers of 10 feet, 20 feet, and 40 feet are all available to hire or purchase. This is how containers are used in general.
- Shipping containers may be converted into a bar, shop, or café for a variety of commercial purposes. If you have a brilliant little company concept that just requires a limited amount of room to thrive, consider renting a shipping container. There is also no issue when it comes to air conditioning installation as containers can be modified to suit your needs.
- What do you do when you need a place to shelter or store huge objects but don’t want to build something permanent? Construct a shelter using shipping containers! In addition to the great storage capacity, good quality shipping containers are also wind and watertight.
- There will be occasions when you want more room than Adelaide’s conventional 20 or 40-foot cargo containers. The 9’6″ high cube versions come into play here, offering 12% more space than a regular 40-footer.
- Shipping containers can be utilised as project site offices. They can be insulated, air-conditioned and secure as well.
- Open tops are a brilliant solution to the problem of loading goods that are just too big to fit through traditional shipping container end doors. They can also be insulated, air-conditioned, and secured. Open tops are especially beneficial for carrying lengthy objects like steel girders and plastic pipes.
Now that you know how to utilise a shipping container, you’re probably asking where you can purchase one in Adelaide. There are two ways to obtain a shipping container and put it to use according to your needs.
Sale and Hire of Shipping Containers
Shipping containers are available for hire. If you reside in Adelaide and wish to hire a shipping container at a low cost, give Shipping Containers Adelaide a call. We can deliver a General Purpose, High Cube, or Refrigerated shipping container in as little as 24 hours. It may take a little longer if you reside a bit further from the city, but whether you live in Border Village, the Barossa Valley, Mt Gambier, Streaky Bay, Coober Pedy, or Innamincka, we can still deliver it to you on time and at a fantastic price. We have competitive pricing and can help you get a great deal on a shipping container.
You can also purchase a shipping container for long-term use. Not sure what kind of container you need? We stock a range of shipping containers in our yard, and our friendly team can help ensure you get the best container for your needs.
We have general purpose, high cube, side loading, flack rack, open top, insulated, and refrigerated containers on top of the standard containers all of which are ready to carry your goods by truck, rail, or ship throughout Australia or the world.
If we don’t have what you need in stock, we can either get it sent from interstate, or we can manufacture it to suit your needs. We specialise in custom-designed shipping containers where we can make modifications to suit. Whether it’s a minor tweak or a major overhaul, the team at Shipping Containers Adelaide can help.
Here’s just a few examples of the modifications that can be made to our containers:
- Industry-Specific Modified Containers: Industry-specific modified containers, such as dangerous goods containers and confined space training containers, that are ready to use.
- Modified Shipping Containers for the General Public: Shipping containers may be used as an office, workshop, craft area, or studio, among other things. A converted shipping container may be constructed for whatever additional area you desire at a fraction of the expense and bother of expansions or new construction.
The following are some of the many modifications that may be made to any shipping container:
- Entry Doors: The standard shipping container door may be replaced with any type of door that meets your needs. You may select from a range of sizes and choices to get the one that best suits your needs.
- Skylights, Windows, and Security Bars: Another typical type of customization is the installation of skylights, windows, and security bars to windows. People who want natural light to flow through their living area or office use this customization option. On the other hand, the size is totally up to you.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems can also be installed.
- Interior finishing to your specifications is possible.
- Floor coverings and electrical illumination
Looking to purchase a shipping container in Adelaide in 2022? Let us help.