Shipping containers are very useful if you know how to make effective use of them. While their main use in in transporting and shifting of cargo around the world, there are plenty of other uses that the general public generally aren’t aware of.
The Uses of Shipping Containers
- Containers can be used for basic transportation and shipping of cargo. These containers come in 10ft, 20ft and 40ft sizes. Transporting cargo is the main use of containers.
- Shipping containers have a wide range of business uses including being turned into a bar, shop or café. Consider a shipping container if you have a great small business idea that only requires a small amount of space to grow. Air conditioning and refrigeration are not an issue – shipping containers can be modified to suit your needs.
- What do you do when you need to shelter or store large items but don’t need a permanent structure? Build a shelter out of shipping containers! They can be wind and water tight helping to protect your vehicles and equipment while on-site.
- Despite the large storage capacity of Shipping Containers Adelaide’s standard 20 or 40-foot shipping containers, there will be times when you need even more space for large shipments. The 9’6″ high cube models come into play here, providing a significant 12 percent more volume than a standard 40-footer.
- Shipping containers can be used as a site office for projects. They can be insulated, air-conditioned and secure as well, making them perfect for temporary additional space or for storing items.
- Open tops are a clever solution to the problem of loading cargoes that are simply too large to fit through standard shipping container end doors. Open tops are also useful when loading long items like steel girders and plastic pipes.
Now that you know how a shipping container can be brought to use, you must be wondering how can you get one in Adelaide? There are two ways by which you can own a shipping container and use it according to your requirements.
Finding a Shipping Container in Adelaide
Many people tend to hire a shipping container to start with. If you want to hire a container to see if it suits your needs long term, or you just need a short term hire in South Australia, give Shipping Containers Adelaide a call for the right size shipping container at the best price. We can provide you with a General Purpose, High Cube, or Refrigerated shipping container quickly – usually within 24 hours if you live with Adelaide or surrounds. If you live in a more remote area, it may take a little longer, but we can still get it to you on time and at a great price. Whether you live in Border Village, the Barossa Valley, Mt Gambier, Streaky Bay, Coober Pedy, or Innamincka, we can get a shipping container to you at competitive pricing options.
You can also buy your own shipping container. Know the size and style of shipping container you need? Give Shipping Containers Adelaide a call – we’ve got a range of shipping containers, including:
- General purpose containers
- High cube containers
- Side loading containers
- Flat rack containers
- Open top containers
- Insulated containers
- Refrigerated containers
These are ready to be delivered to your door, so you can transport your goods around the country or the world by truck, train or ship. If we don’t have what you are looking for, we can source it. If you need your shipping container customised to meet your needs, we can do it. Whether you need a basic shipping container for cargo transport, or something a little more for your site office or to build a new home, our friendly team can get you what you need.
Now you know where to hire or buy shipping containers in Adelaide, let’s take a look at the type of modifications that can be made.
Modifying a Shipping Container
At Shipping Containers Adelaide, our expert team knows everything there is to know about modifying shipping containers to suit the needs of our clients. We have one of the largest container modifications facilities in the country, and have been modifying containers for the mining, energy, construction and agricultural industries for many years.
The most attractive feature of modifying a container is the portability. These containers have many advantages over permanent and semi-permanent structures, with the main one being that you can move your container from work site to work site without the big layout costs of building a new structure.
There are a range of modifications that can be arranged, including:
- Ready-made modified containers for industry: ready-to-use industry-specific modified containers, such as dangerous goods containers and confined space training containers.
- Ready-made modified containers for the general public: shipping containers are also ideal for use as an office, workshop, craft room, studio, and so on. Whatever additional space you require, a modified shipping container can be arranged for a fraction of the cost and hassle of extensions or a new construction.
There are a wide range of various possible modifications on every shipping container, including:
- Entry doors: the normal shipping container door can be replaced with doors of your requirements. A wide variety of sizes and options are available for you to choose the one that fits your unique needs.
- Skylights, windows, and security bars: the addition of skylights, windows, and security bars in windows is another common form of customisation. This customisation option is chosen by people who want natural light to flow through their living space or office. The size, on the other hand, is entirely up to you.
- HVAC systems can also be installed
- Interior finishing according to your requirements are possible
- Electrical lighting and flooring
Shipping Containers Adelaide has a wide range of shipping containers. With an friendly and experienced team, we can deliver a shipping container to suit your needs throughout South Australia and beyond. Give us a call to discuss your needs.