For those moving overseas, hiring or buying the right shipping container in Adelaide is important. 20 or 40 feet long or 8 feet wide by 8.5 feet high, the steel shipping container has made a great contribution to the global trade industry.
Tips to Buy or Hire Shipping Containers in Adelaide
Make the most of your investment by following these effective tips for buying or hiring a shipping container in Adelaide:
- Size: Shipping containers measuring 20ft (6m) and 40ft (12m) long are the most commonly used containers in the shipping industry. Though smaller sizes 10ft containers are also available, they are typically cut down from the larger ones and are thus more expensive due to the included labour cost.
- Construction: Since shipping containers suffer exposure to the seawater, it should be necessarily manufactured from corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel.
- Check for Damages: It’s important to check the container for any damages before you hire one. Make sure that the:
- Doors are intact.
- Container is sturdy and leak-proof (inspect the walls, floor and roof).
- Transportation capacity is suitable for your needs.
- Locking mechanism works efficiently – this will keep your assets safe until they arrive at the site.
- Insurance: When hiring or leasing a shipping container, you must the insurance obligations with your shipping container provider. Usually, you have to arrange insurance against all threats and you’ll be responsible for any goods shipped or stored in the container. Make sure to do your homework carefully and understand the responsibilities under your agreement.
Last but not least, you must deal with a professional shipping container company when hiring or buying a shipping container in Adelaide. At Shipping Containers Brisbane, we use advanced design and production techniques to ensure shipping containers are produced, modified and tested to the highest standards.